Thursday, May 2, 2013

Church in Margarita

Monday night I had 10 kids (ages 7-14) from the Children's center in my house for dessert night. It was a blast. They stayed about an hour. We had a delightful chocolate cake that I had made. I had promised them cake on Sunday at church, but their wasn't enough, so I made them their own cake. We had lots of fun eating cake, sharing stories, singing praise songs, and sharing scripture verses they have learned at church in Sunday school. I am so glad to see that they are hiding God's word in their hearts...such a joy to see. :)
Kids from Children's center in front of the church
I love taking the kids from the Children's center (an orphanage associated with the hospital, I currently live on the same property with the Children's center) to church with me. I have to use a borrowed vehicle to take them. One day, I know that God will provide me with a vehicle to go to church in and bring the kids. 

We have currently been working on a project at the church of building new sunday school rooms. We have what are called little champitas that are made out of tree trunks and palm branches...but now we are building out of cement and tin roofing. They will last longer and won't have to be replaced every 3-4 years like the kid we have now do. I went out to help last Thursday and this Tuesday with building. It was fun to work together as a team, sweat together and eat lunch together.
front view of new classroom

side view of new classroom
So...now we are just missing the roofing and the first of the 3 Sunday school rooms will be done. When we get the money for the next one, we will start building the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment