Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone is ready, or almost ready for Christmas tomorrow.
We have started celebrating Christmas already here in Honduras. We started with a lab Christmas party on the 14th. I had the 5 lab employees over to the house and we had lasagna, salad, bread and apple pie. :) And of course secret santa.
Gloria was my secret santa.

Everyone at my house.

Last Friday (20th), they had the employee Christmas party at the hospital. All the employees are invited for a nice dinner with singing, Christmas music, and of course presents and candy. I didn't volunteer to help this year, since in the past, we have still had patients in the afternoon. They had an enjoyable time. 
Table with employees :)

Missionaries serving the food.

On Saturday, I was able to attend the wedding celebration of one of my best friends here in Honduras. Diana, my Spanish tutor, who taught me Spanish for my first 6 months here, got married on the 10 and celebrated with friends and family on the 21st. It was so exciting to see their relationship develop after her waiting of 32 years for the man of God that the Lord had for her. It was a joyous celebration.
Diana and I.

Cutting of the cake

Calix and I with Diana and Gerardo


No comments:

Post a Comment