Saturday, August 17, 2013

Settling back in

I arrived in Honduras in the middle of the night on Tuesday. After 2 1/2 hours of sleep and 5 1/2 hours on 2 different buses, I finally arrived back at home on Wednesday afternoon. I was greeted by many hugs from all the kids from the children's center. I arrived with swollen feet, probably from all the sitting and heat, so didn't do much on Wednesday.
Thursday I started unpacking and had several visitors. Lucy (from Guatemala who helps at church) and Diana (spanish tutor and very good friend) came to visit Thursday morning. Spent the rest of the day unpacking and was called to the hospital that evening.
Friday...back to the hospital for clinic...and getting to hear the craziness of my time away.
Friday night...took 18 kids (with Liz and Alyssa who is helping now) from the children's center to a Coronation at the school. Iain has been really sick, so they were looking for a driver and I was just the person. :)
Reina and Andrea ready for the program to start

Norma and I taking pictures

Liz with her girls

Leaving the park for the 1/4 mile procession to the school.

The crowning of the  new school queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment