Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hospitality

Hospitality is not one of my spiritual gifts, but is a way to show the love of Christ to those around us. I am not good at inviting people to come for dinner or inviting people to stay in the house. God is slowly growing me in this area. This past week, I had the privilege to host a wonderful, godly woman named Laura. She is Costa Rican but lives in Mexico working with Fronteras (Fronteirs) missions. They work at sending Latin Americans to the 1040 window and spreading the gospel to Muslims who have never heard of Christ. I also had the privilege to host 3 other girls Thursday night as well who were here to learn more about Fronteras.
Laura and I right before she left

On Wednesday as I arrived at the hospital, I was notified that a friend, Lauren, had given birth in the night. I spent as much time with her and the baby that day as possible until she was able to go home. She is part of the family I used to live with, so being with her is like being with family. It was such a joy to be a part of. She is the one who lost a 2 day old baby a year and a half ago to what we can tell was just SIDS. I know she is very nervous with this new baby.
Mom (Lauren) and big sister (Melissa) and new baby (Natalia Rebecca)


No comments:

Post a Comment