Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One night

I wrote this last night after this experience and just thought I would share it with you guys:

Rode my motorcycle up to the overlook point tonight right as the darkness was about to overtake the light. As soon as I arrived, the first thing I noticed was the peachy orange color, the only color still left in the sky that hadn’t been overtaken by the darkness of the night. I stood in awe of the beauty and magnificence of it all. The sky reflected the sun that had said goodnight over the horizon more than 20 minutes before. As I looked out over the jungle and the ocean, it was almost as if the ocean and the sky ran together because they were so dark. However, the light was not giving up so easily and there were streamers of orange and peach woven in and out of the clouds. They stayed this way for a while before giving way to the darkness of night. The ocean looked so calm that I almost couldn’t tell where the ocean stopped and the sky began. As I began to listen instead of just stare in awe, I heard the sound of the waves way down below crashing into the shore. They were faint, off in the distance, and it took effort to hear the beautiful music they were making. I never would have thought that you could hear the waves from that high up the mountain, but it was almost like they were echoing the sound of the ocean and nothing, not even the jungle was going to get in the way of it’s singing unto the Lord. Their echoing was so distinct that it was almost as if I was standing on the beach at night, staring at the darkness listening to the tranquil sound as the waves naturally crested and broke onto the sandy shore. As I took my focus off the waves, I heard the sound of the jungle insects, singing their night song in such harmony. I knew night was here by the symphony that was being played out by the insects, but the sky said otherwise. As I stood there in awe staring into the darkness, listening to the music that creation was playing for the Lord, I began to hear more sounds off in the distance of the monkeys. I heard the very distant sound of the monkeys adding to the music creation was making for the Lord. They were adding their own special effects to the sounds creation was already busy making. “Let heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them.” Psalms 69:34 Thank you Lord for letting me hear the praises that your creation sings to you.

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. I mean really beautiful. My heart swelled, I felt your presence at my computer - one in Christ. Thank you so much for sharing that. I hope you don't mind, I may bring it to work as a testiment to faith in action. Love you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment from last night didn't post. I mentioned how beautiful that was. It was like your heart was right here. Thank you for passing that on. Love you, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks this was written so beautifully, I love it.

    ReplyDelete